If you’ve ever lived in a home or condo with out air con, you understand that turning on the oven to bake a cake or pie on a scorching summer season day isn’t precisely a profitable concept. That’s why summer season is the proper time to look to our freezers and fridges for our candy treats. From popsicles and granitas to ice field muffins and—now—this Raw Strawberry Chocolate Dessert Pizza, there’s no want to fireplace up the oven for dessert this summer season.
Even higher, this uncooked dessert pizza recipe is made with wholesome, entire meals components, which is the perfect half about uncooked desserts. If you’re strict about adhering to a uncooked eating regimen, or in case you’re making this for somebody who’s, you’ll wish to use uncooked cacao powder and chopped uncooked chocolate for the chips, and ensure your rolled oats are uncooked and your vanilla extract is alcohol-free.
The delicious “crust” of this pizza is made by pureeing dates and almonds together with cacao powder and darkish chocolate chips for a wealthy, chocolatey consequence. The creamy filling? Lightly sweetened cashew cream, brightened with only a contact of lemon. And then there’s that luscious pile of mouthwatering strawberries, which couldn’t be extra excellent this time of yr.
Top it off with a candy chocolate drizzle, and I’m fairly positive that everybody—younger and outdated—will likely be clamoring for seconds. In reality, perhaps it is best to double the recipe and make two pizzas, which is straightforward as a result of uncooked desserts like this one are a cinch to make—though it is going to look such as you went to a number of hassle. Aren’t these the perfect sorts of recipes?
Consider this recipe a jumping-off level. The sky’s the restrict! You can use nearly any in-season fruit to produce an distinctive dessert pizza that can impress. Try a combined berry topping with blueberries and raspberries for a extra patriotic pie, or swap in contemporary cherries for a spin on the traditional chocolate-covered cherry. In winter months, an orange-and-chocolate combo could be excellent. Heck, we could by no means use our ovens once more!
Raw Strawberry Chocolate Dessert Pizza
Rich and decadent—plus uncooked and vegan too! Strawberries and chocolate be part of collectively on this attractive no-bake dessert pizza. Oh, comfortable candy tooth!
- Prep Time: four hours 40 minutes
- Total Time: four hours 40 minutes
- Yield: eight servings
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- half of cup uncooked almonds
- half of cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp uncooked cacao powder or cocoa powder
- half of tbsp coconut oil, in stable state + extra for greasing the pan
- half of tsp pure vanilla extract
- beneficiant pinch of kosher salt
- half of cup darkish chocolate chips
Cashew cream “sauce”:
- 1 cup uncooked cashews, soaked for a minimum of 2–four hours, drained, and rinsed
- half of cup water
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, in liquid kind
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/four tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 half of cups sliced strawberries
Make the crust:
- Lightly grease the underside and 1 half of inches up the perimeters of a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil. Set apart.
- Combine the dates, almonds, and oats within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with the S-blade. Process for 1–2 minutes, till all the components come collectively like dough and are comparable in measurement with no giant chunks remaining. Add the cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt, then course of to include.
- Add the darkish chocolate chips to the processor and pulse till the chips are included into the dough, however not chopped.
- Transfer the dough to the ready pan and gently press the crust into it, starting within the middle and dealing in direction of the sides. Be conscious to maintain the crust even throughout the underside, then work the dough about an inch up the facet of the pan to kind the “crust.” Set apart.
Make the cashew cream sauce:
- In a meals processor fitted with the S-blade, mix the cashews, water, lemon juice, agave, and salt. Blend till easy, about three–5 minutes (relying in your machine).
- Pour the blended sauce into the middle of the ready crust and gently unfold it in direction of the sides, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of four hours or as much as in a single day.
Make the chocolate sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the melted coconut oil, agave, cacao powder, and vanilla. If you’ve gotten a small squeeze bottle, you may switch the syrup to the bottle at this level, in any other case you may drizzle the syrup with a spoon later. Set apart in a heat place—don’t refrigerate this combination or it is going to solidify!
Top the pizza:
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer 10 minutes earlier than you wish to begin adorning the pizza; permitting the crust to thaw barely will assist it separate from the pan. Remove the pizza from the pan and switch it to a serving platter. Layer strawberries on the crust, beginning on the 12 o’clock place on the outer fringe of the cashew cream and dealing in a circle in direction of the middle, gently overlapping every layer till you’ve gotten reached the center. If you’ve gotten any strawberry slices left, gently tuck them in wherever you see a niche.
- Drizzle the strawberries with chocolate sauce, minimize the pizza into wedges, and serve instantly. You may also retailer the pizza within the fridge for as much as 2 hours till able to serve.
Prep time contains four hours for freezing the crust and soaking the cashews.
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can also make the crust on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You simply wont have the ability to construct up the sides as a lot as you may with the assistance of a springform pan.