This vegetarian Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza is ideal for summer season get-togethers. In this recipe, candy corn meets smoky roasted poblano pepper.
I’m a recipe hoarder. I subscribe to a bunch of cooking magazines and reduce out recipes fairly liberally. Because I’ve so many recipes saved, a recipe has to actually rock my socks if I’m going to make it once more. It can’t simply be good, it must be good.
The first time I made this Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza recipe from Cooking Light, we liked it a lot that we made it once more the following week. And now, 7 years later, it’s turn out to be a summer season custom of ours. As quickly as I begin seeing recent corn on the farmers market or grocery retailer, I make this pizza. And then I’ll make it each few weeks for so long as corn is in season. LIke I mentioned, it’s uncommon that I make the identical recipe greater than as soon as, however this pizza is one which we by no means get bored with. In reality, I’m fairly assured that if you happen to attempt it, it is going to be your new summer season custom too.
Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- 1 massive poblano chile
- olive oil mister or cooking spray
- 2 cup recent corn kernels (about four ears)
- half of cup chopped inexperienced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- half of cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 massive egg whites
- 1 massive egg
- half of tsp salt
- 1/four tsp freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup (four oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (13.eight oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tbsp chopped recent cilantro
- 2 tbsp fat-free bitter cream (elective)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place poblano chile on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or till blackened and charred, turning midway via cooking time.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°F.
- Place pepper in a zip-top bag and seal; let stand 10 minutes. Carefully take away pores and skin, seeds, and stem, then chop pepper.
- Heat massive skillet over medium-high warmth. Coat pan with oil or cooking spray. Add corn, inexperienced onions, garlic, and zucchini; sauté 2 minutes or till simply starting to brown. Stir in milk; prepare dinner over medium warmth three–four minutes or till liquid has nearly evaporated. Cool barely.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively egg whites, egg, salt, and pepper. Stir in poblano pepper, corn combination, and cheese.
- Unroll pizza dough onto parchment paper. It ought to type a 13 x eight inch rectangle; if it doesn’t, use your fingers to form it into one. Spread corn combination over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold fringe of dough over corn combination. Bake for 12–15 minutes or till set. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with bitter cream (if utilizing).
- Serving Size: 1 slice of pizza
This put up was initially printed on 27 July 2011.